Cancer society suspends Hope Lodge operations, not coordinating rides, events canceled
Due to public safety concerns related to COVID-19, the American Cancer Society is currently not setting up or coordinating patient rides to cancer-related appointments and all events — largely Relays for Life at Miami University, Xavier, University of Cincinnati and several other locations — have been canceled through the end of May. Hope Lodge is suspending operations as of March 27. We are not taking new reservations, and we don’t yet know how long this will last. For other lodging inquiries, please call our Cancer Helpline at 1-800-227-2345. However, we continue to assist patients throughout their cancer journey, even during these challenging times with the following services:
- 24/7 Cancer Helpline – Our trained Cancer Information Specialists are available 24/7 to provide accurate, up-to-date information and find valuable services and resources. Contact us by phone at 1-800-227-2345 or Live Chat.
- Reach To Recovery – This service connects breast cancer patients with trained volunteers to receive peer-to-peer support.
- Cancer Survivors Network – Join a safe online connection to find others with similar experiences and interests on discussion boards, in chat rooms, and build your own support network.
- Personal Health Manager – This tool helps you track and organize information about a cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- “tlc” – Tender Loving Care® – Helps women with appearance-related side effects find affordable wigs, hats, and scarves, as well as a full range of mastectomy products.