Cincinnati’s largest fundraiser canceled, but turns into virtual event
In the picture: Bailey Hemingway was born with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome which has required four open-heart surgeries. Today, Bailey is doing great and loves soccer and playing with her friends. Bailey’s favorite quote is: Be Fearless!
The American Heart Association’s Heart Mini event — Cincinnati’s largest fundraiser — strives to bring people together to raise awareness about heart and stroke disease, our nation’s #1 and #5 killers. The Heart Mini honors heart and stroke survivors and is a platform for our community to show its support of living longer, healthier lives. The majority of funds raised through the event go right back into our community funding research studies at local hospitals. To help continue local support, donate here.
No matter who you are or where you are, the American Heart Association is here to help you through these times. We’re providing trusted, science-based tools and resources to empower you to take charge of your health and well-being. Our website, www.heart.org, is a good place to start for the most up-to-date information.
- We are working diligently to provide reliable, science-based information for the approximately 120 million people in the United States who currently have one or more cardiovascular conditions and who already may be at higher risk for COVID-19 complications. Based on current information, it appears elderly people with coronary heart disease or hypertension are more likely to be infected and to develop more severe symptoms. Stroke survivors may face increased risk for complications if they become infected with COVID-19. While public health experts tell us the overall risk of getting this virus is currently low, the situation is rapidly evolving, and scientists are learning more every day.
- We are collaborating with global public health experts, state and local governments, our corporate supporters, schools and hospitals in communities large and small to provide the very latest information and resources to help you and your employers and colleagues manage their overall health and well-being.
- We are expanding our efforts to meet people where they are in social media – in real time – sharing our science-backed health information to both engage and empower communities.
- We are supporting health care professionals and scientific researchers – including our own professional members — who are the heroes fighting on the front lines of the pandemic.
- We are ensuring they have rapid access to the very latest scientific evidence, information and resources that will be helpful in their work with patients and communities – particularly those who are most vulnerable.
We realize this is a dynamic and challenging situation. The American Heart Association is a reliable and trusted source of information based in credible science. You can be sure that we will continue to be your partner in health and well-being as we share the latest updates available.
The Heart Mini is Greater Cincinnati’s largest fundraising event and hometown favorite of 43 years! 26,000-plus registrants typically come together to participate in a heart healthy exercise and raise life-saving funds to fight the #1 and #5 killers, heart disease and stroke. This two-day event has an event for every activity level and age including 5k & 15k run, 1/2 marathon; 5k walk; Kid’s Fun Run; 1k Steps for Stroke; and Health and Fitness Expo.