YMCA experiencing a ‘movement altering event’
The Y is experiencing a movement altering event, and we will need your patience and partnership as we lean in to support our achievement, relationships, and belonging. For a better us.
We haven’t really been closed during the COVID-19 pandemic. Sure, some Y programs and services were put on hold and the general public has not been permitted inside facilities, but the Y has been busy…
- Basic Needs: Working together with our partners to provide more than 80,000 meals to families in need.
- Childcare: Providing safe places for the children of essential workers and academic support for nearly 6,000 kids.
- Senior Care: Supporting volunteers performing almost 10,000 hours of wellness calls and critical errands for the community’s older adults.
- Community Care: Keeping the community healthy at home through daily virtual physical and spiritual wellness videos.
And here’s the big secret.: the Y was able to move into offering these services so quickly because we do these things all the time.
Just last year in Greater Cincinnati/NKY:
- 20,500 kids thrived through preschool, camps, sports, and academic support programs.
- 178,452 free meals were served and 106,793 members strived toward a healthy lifestyle.
- 18,984 seniors stayed healthy and combatted isolation at the Y.
The Y is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
While we have gyms and pools, that’s not who we are. Our core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility drive everything we do. 3,072 volunteers gave over 94,000 hours of service in 2019, while 4,500 donors contributed $1.3 million to help us serve. The Y provided $2.6 million in access to programs and services to neighbors in need. All this fueled our participants to personal achievement while building relationships and finding a place to belong.
As we prepare to reengage the community through in-person services, members are challenged to see themselves as a part of something bigger. Cause-driven membership at the Y is not just gym and pool access. Behind the scenes, your membership dues, program fees, and donations are being put to work to build a strong, thriving community.