The Cincinnati Art Museum is Temporarily Closed
(Effective March 13, 2020)
We take the safety of our entire community as seriously as we take the safety of our art.
For the last several weeks, we have been taking preventative measures against the virus, including cancelling travel, instituting an enhanced cleaning protocol for all museum spaces, and providing sanitation stations throughout our facilities. At the same time, we have been preparing for the possibility that these measures, though they meet—and in many cases exceed protocols developed by the World Health Organization and Centers for Disease control—could never be an iron-clad guarantee against transmission.
What You Can Do
Follow these recommended preventative actions from the CDC to help prevent the spread of the virus.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw it in the trash.
- Here are some links to several resources that you may find helpful:
We urge all of you to take this health threat seriously and to play your part in keeping yourself, your loved ones and our many different communities as healthy and safe as possible.